Amazon

Monday 30 March 2015

Quotation energy-solutions Mark Kemsley

Quotation energy-solutions Mark Kemsley email with a zip attachment...

Headers:
From: Mark Kemsley {mark.kemsley@energy-solutions.co.uk}
Subject: Quotation :CcPNkt
Message body:
Further to our conversation earlier, please find attached quotation :CcPNkt, 
data sheet included.

There's a Zip file attached to the email:
:CcPNkt.zip

Inside the Zip file is a Windows Executable file:
Quotation.exe
Sha256 Hash:
1a56353bf1cb73db3a72832f8f8255f500f4a41bbab18203d7e37f349eed789f  [1]

Malware Anti-Virus Reports (one example)
VirusTotal Report [1] (hits51/57 Virus Scanners)
Malwr Report [1]
Hybrid Analysis Report [1]

Cheers,
Steve
Sanesecurity.com

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got this email an hour ago (Hawaii time) it came thru on my yahoo email account. Typically all this BS. Comes thru on yahoo. Very annoying.

Anonymous said...

I have just received this email. I haven't opened it as it seemed suspicious coming from England and I am in the States. So I did a search for the address and found this site. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I received this twice this morning at 4:30am and 6:30 am on my company email account. The company email protection systems blocked the attachments and out of curiosity I googled the senders address and found this page.

Anonymous said...

I too just received this bogus email.
Outlook classified it as JUNK.
I was glad for that.

I guesses it was junk and googled the name and company...and also found your site.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I have just received this email also in Ireland. going straight to junk.

Anonymous said...

I just received a suspicious mail supposed to be from 'Refugio Patterson'
The subject is :
Debit Note [45111] information attached to this email

And the attachment is a .doc Word document.
Did anybody esle see it ?

By the way ... nice site. I hope it doesn't get attacked !

Anonymous said...

Got this twice from the same sender thought I'd better check it out and happy I did. What do the people who send these out hope to accomplish?

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I just got the e-mail